Energy is essential for fueling highest-level Safety performance and culture throughout an organization – necessary for generating attention and for sparking and sustaining improvements. Energy excites others and stimulates engagement. Further, focused energy is critical to breaking through longstanding “tenacious” injury patterns that can plague a company.
According to Unilever CEO, Paul Polman, “Leadership is not just about giving energy… it’s unleashing other people’s energy.” However, in too many companies, Safety is seen – by Executives through line workers – as a black hole of organizational energy, at times numbingly repetitive, uninvolving, rule-based rather than interest-driven – and too often (mis)perceived as an obstacle to getting work done.
Energized Safety leaders are more likely to influence workers to actively incorporate safe methods into all activities and to personally embrace Safety into work and home activities. Further, it’s not just employees who require energy for inspiration and propulsion. Energy-aware leadership enhances leaders’ credibility and helps elicit budgetary and other approvals.
This webinar provides both practical strategies & methods for actually raising and sustaining Safety energy, enthusiasm, interest and engagement.
- 10 “Black Hole” Energy Problems in Safety? Identifying & overcoming organizational energy-drains
- Recognizing – and getting sucked down into – 6 Leadership Energy Myths
- 2 Safety vitality cultures
- 3-step strategy for sparking, unleashing & replenishing Safety energy.
- Safety leadership energetics that elevate enthusiasm & Safety performance
“What Is MoveSMART®?”– For a 2 minute introductory video on our approach